Cincinnati Public Radio’s
mission is to bring the finest classical music
and news and information programming to the people
of the Tri-State. We accomplish this via the operation
of a variety of over-the-air radio broadcast services
and on-line Internet streams and on-demand downloads.
In order to carry out this mission on
WGUC, we shall:
1. Introduce fine classical music to the largest
possible audience while bringing a new generation
of listeners into the WGUC family.
2. Produce programming to satisfy every listener's
level of classical music appreciation.
3. Provide listeners with current information
on community arts activities and broadcasts of
local classical music performances.
4. Generate the funding needed to execute this
mission not only on a year-to-year basis, but
also well into the future.
1. Provide superior satisfaction to our customers,
especially our listening audience. We shall define
ways to identify satisfaction and to measure our
on-going performance in delivering it.
2. Seek continuous improvement in everything we
do. As part of this, we shall measure our performance
against other classical music and news stations.
3. Hire a staff of the highest quality individuals
and empower them to perform to the fullest extent
of their capabilities.
4. Respect, utilize and promote the diversity
that lies within our organization, the Board and
our listening audience to execute our mission
in the best way possible.
5. Whenever and wherever possible
and practical, investigate, design and exploit
opportunities for partnership with organizations
of converging or complementary missions to achieve
efficiencies and enhancements.